Friday, May 15, 2009

More life

The people have been blessing us immensely with food and hospitality. Mandy (right) and her sister-in-law Raishma came over and cooked for us one day some guyanese specialties- I forget the names of what they made, you'd have to ask Ellen because they're funky. But, the one was like a breaded mashed potato. Like bread stuffed with mashed potato and fried. It was good. The other was a banana bread-ish dough that you drop in oil and fry, so it kind of looks like doughnuts. Yummy.
Ellen and I enjoyed it.
Pastor Katryan took us out on Tuesday and we visited MANY places here. One place was the school he designed and was the architect for. It is a nursery school, so 4-7 year olds come here. They are the cutest things you ever saw, especially in their uniforms. They were shy at first, but once they warmed up to me and I went down on their level, they loved me.
I will miss beautiful scenes like this. I am soaking every chance I get to view God's beauty. I took this picture while sitting in the car waiting for Pastor Katryan as he was doing business with someone. I think coconut trees are one of my favorite things to look at. They are so relaxing and exotic looking...
Ellen with Shannon. I posted Shannon with me, so I figured You'd like to see Ellen with this adorable little girl. Off to the market to pick up some last gifts to bring home, then cleaning our house all day.
Home soon-4 days...if our flights all work out, which I'm doubtful. But that's ok.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I know I've said this 18 hundred million times but...I LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! whew! I just had to get that off my chest. :)