Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scary

Today I opened Ellen's suitcase top to check something, and the biggest spider I've ever seen in my entire life darted in a split second over her stuff. I had a scream inside of me, but it wouldn't come out. I curled my toes and tensed up, like I always to when I'm scared, and slowly backed away. The spider was black, and oh man, creepy. I thought fast: "Ellen's gone, I'm here in the house alone, I guess I could go over to the neighbors. I NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE CARE OF THIS SPIDER FOR ME!!!" Then I yelled at myself. Grow up, Katie. Kill it. nope. Not happening. This thing moves WAY too fast to hit it and kill it. Then I remembered the brilliant fish spray that kills "all creeping creatures and insects". I wonder if big black hairy spiders fall under that category. Anyway. I got the fish spray can. Walked over by Ellen's suitcase. held the can out. couldn't do it. I prayed, I know, silly. "GOD!!!! Please help me to not be scared of this spider, I know I'm way bigger than it, and I really need to kill it right now. Please make it die." Then I gathered all the courage God sent my way, and sprayed like the dickens. The spider darted so fast I hardly saw it, and was on the wall now. I stepped back, still curling my toes and tensed up. Then I went out of the porch room and just thought. Nothing too brilliant was coming to mind. I was still scared. I went back into the room and saw the spider dart from the wall to behind her carry-on suitcase. God sent more courage. I sprayed, sprayed, and sprayed, nearly the whole huge can of fish spray all over her carry-on suitcase and in the air and all over the room. I saw the spider crawl out a little from behind her carry-on, and that's the last I saw of it. I shut the door to the room, and got my things ready to go. Called Ellen on the phone and told her about it so she doesn't get killed when she gets home because I sure won't be there to tell her about it. Then I went to Mandy's next door and asked through the fence that separates out house if they've ever seen such a spider. They all got big eyes and said, oh no, don't mess with that spider, it could kill you or make you really sick if it bites you. You would have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks at least. Mandy said it's poisonous, but she's never seen one in her house before. Great. She asked me if I wanted her brother to come over and kill it. I said no, he wouldn't be able to catch it. I'm a dummy. I should have said yes. I'm terrified to sleep in that house now. I check the floor every step I take now. I pray the fish spray worked and I'll go home from the Centre to Ellen telling me she found it dead behind her suitcase. I won't sleep until I see it dead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooooooooooo gross!!!!!
I'm glad I didn't have to kill it.

Abigail Silverberg

Catherine said...

Oh no! That's horrifying. I won't even kill a cricket. I think if I saw a spider like that I'd just faint. I sure hope you find it soon....dead!

Catherine

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for being so scared. I would have to pray really hard in order to do what you did. I'm terrified of spiders, even little ones.
Rachel Silverberg

Katie said...

Well...just so you all know, Ellen found it when she got home...dead. Yeah!! The toxic fish spray worked.

KKKKatie66 said...

Go, Katie!