Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wrapping Up

We have less than 2 weeks left.

It feels like it went from us having 3 months left to 2 weeks. The first 2 months were long, but after that time just seemed to fly. I'm trying to enjoy every moment....except the spider episode, and cherish the time here with the people. I have grown to love them so much, and will miss it here. Part of me wants to stay. I can do so much here! There is much work to be done, and the people respond really well to us here. I enjoy spending time with the church members.

We have been spending quite a bit of time with the members in their homes lately, and that has been good. I think they're all realizing we only have a couple weeks left. They have been so hospitable and friendly to us, I can't believe how kind they are and giving. They feed us SO MUCH! I think Ellen and I have both gained weight, but maybe not. It's hard to tell. She was wining about how she has flab on her stomach last night, then we worked out. I'm not sure if it all left yet or not though:)

We're eating lots of fruits and soaking up the papaya, pineapple, guava, bananas, and any other fruit that is native and fresh here! I will miss the market with all of the available fresh foods. We are singing quite a bit with people, teaching them our last few songs. Hard to think we're going home soon, but I'm glad- I would like to see my family again.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Yes, I can't believe you are about to come home already. I'm glad you've had a profitable time there. That fresh fruit sounds great! Here, it's strawberry season which I love. We've made a few strawberry desserts, but I'd just as soon eat them plain and leave the Wal-Mart frozen strawberries for baking and jam:)

Catherine

KKKKatie66 said...

We are missing those times already. It's another world when you come home. Your comment, "The people respond really well to us here" is where its at! What a blessing!