Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crusade

These are some pictures from the Crusade tonight. It is going really well so far, we've had a good turnout and the messages have been simple, yet powerful, about humans, who they are, where they've headed, and what God has done for them and why. It is the gospel message so clear! I love listening to Mr. Hunter.


Emily and her daughter Shannon talking to Ellen. We spend a good bit of time with them. They are from Corriverton. Fat man is standing behind them- He is great! He sits and directs traffic when needed near the train tracks by the post office. Big buckets of cane and sugar get shipped from the factory across the road, and to the ocean to get put on a boat. They use the train to transport. Anyway. He has a little hut and sits there most days. We always wave at him, and if we walk by we talk to him. He came last night and tonight to the crusade, and I am very excited about that!


Talking afterwards...Terry is the guy in the white shirt in the middle. Cynthia is in the yellow top directly in the middle. Priscilla is in red directly behind her. Abigail is to the right in green, and Troy is on the very right in the tan shirt.


This is the "stage" where the services were conducted from.


Some members of the churches singing. Dian is towards the front sitting down holding her son, Isaac. Her other son is in the blue shirt sitting in the front.






We set up chairs on the concrete "driveway" at Ronald's house, one of the members at Roadside, and that is where we are holding the crusade. Some people stand at the road there in the back, and just listen.


This was the Corriverton ladies' special. Mrs. Hunter, me, Andrea (the piano player), Ellen, and Dian (our housekeeper).


Mr. Hunter leading the group in "My God is so BIG" before his message. I think he was at the "Strong and so mighty..." part.



Ellen and I singing "My Jesus Fair"



The Hunter's special song. (Moti and Hemdath behind)


The girls from #57's special song- "By Grace Alone". From left to right: Priscilla, me, Abigail, Cynthia, Ellen, Ravinee, Christina, and Sara.


The girls picked out my outfit because I told them I was bored with my selection of clothes (which is very lame because I have 14 shirts and skirts). This is what they came up with.

Anyway, the singing has gone well, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the preaching. Pray for tomorrow night as they expect more then. We so want God to work here, to change people's hearts as only he can do. We patiently wait on him, and have faith that he will not let our labours be in vain.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Wow, that's awesome!!! I continue to pray for you...when does this crusade end??? btw, Ellen, I LOVE your skirt!!!

KKKKatie66 said...

It ended yesterday.

Ellen said...

thank you, dear. primarily for your prayers, secondarily for the compliment :D

Anonymous said...

I agree, your skirt was really pretty:) Thanks for all this information. I always enjoy it.