Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sights

Georgetown got to see us 3 times last week, twice for getting an extension to stay in the country purposes, and once for a U.S. Embassy meeting for U.S. Citizens. I'm ready stay away from Georgetown for awhile now, since it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive one way, not including the Spready's stop for dinner. Along our way through Georgetown, I took pictures of some things that I found amusing, interesting, sad, or beautiful. Here goes: Georgetown is bordered by this big long sea wall, and this is the view from the other side of the sea wall- the sea!


I thought this was slightly amusing...Ellen and I were walking down the sidewalk away from the post office, and we see this sight- in the middle of downtown Georgetown, a horse and cart tied to a post in a parking spot- notice the car parked next to it. yeah.

There is a child living in that little hut. I think it's a house.





Eating lunch at a nice restaurant. We waited and waited for Ellen:) She ate some of Mr. Hunter's soup as well. I think she's dissecting a piece of meat off of a bone right now, a little bit tedious of a thing to accomplish.



This is what the "cooking" side of the restaurant looked like- EXTREMELY clean!




In the restaurant, I saw this horse and cart go by on the road outside, and it was just funny, so I ran over to the window and snapped a picture. I think a bunch of people were staring at me like I was a crazy tourist or something, which I'm not, but you know, it was strange. I couldn't decide if that stuff he's carrying in the bed of his contraption is junk to be pitched, or if he's building something and it's the parts he needs....I guess I'll never know.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie!
I noticed in your restaurant picture that their was a tv. I know tv's are everywhere here in public places, but was surprised to see it in your restaurant in Georgetown.

I always look forward to reading your posts and all that you are doing.

God Bless you both!
Becky J

Katie said...

Georgetown is quite up to snuff. They have very nice restaurants compared to here in Corriverton. They have Pizza hut, Kentucky fried chicken, and others. They have tvs everywhere in Guyana- that's like one of people's most prized posessions. They love their tv. Gets on Ellen and my nerves.

Keithslady said...

It's good to know Ellen is still the same--she always was the last one finished eating. I noticed the big holes in the street by the parked horse and cart. How many people do they lose down those things?