Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little Moments

I was just sitting down next to Katie discussing today's and tomorrow's events when some of the afternoon program children (OVC) started to show up. Vashti came over to me and just leaned on my leg looking up at me smiling. She wanted my lap and then Mohadai, an older girl asked me to sing (this is a usual occurence) after I had finished singing "Love" for Vashti. Then Devon Daniels showed up, a young, always happy boy of probably 11 years. He walked right over to me, pinched my neck, put his hand on top of my head and gave me a kiss on the cheek and then asked how my day went. These children are going to be hard to just leave and I want to be able to love them well while I am here with them. Sometimes that's a hard thing because there's such a limited amount of things I can actually DO for them. I know Katie feels the same about some of this.

I had craft time with the remedial kids this morning. It went so well, especially in contrast with last week Tuesday! I'll have to take and post pictures of the beautiful pinatas these kids have designed. I still can't decide when we should bust them. Maybe I'll have them hold off until May so that we can do a Mexican themed holiday, and learn about it before hand and then do Cinco de Mayo. I'm still not certain on that though. I'm going to work in the library shortly and hopefully get a chunk of books thrown away again.

Katie and I will make another trip to Georgetown tomorrow to try and complete the extension of stay process we're currently going through. Monday didn't work to get all of the paperwork done and by the time we had the necessary papers, the other office was closed. It's a bit frustrating because our whole day is taken up with driving, walking around, and sitting, but it's necessary to obtain these papers! We'll be going to Georgetown again later this week for the US Embassy meeting which should be interesting to attend. That makes three trips to Georgetown in one week though, which seems crazy. The time is going by pretty quickly overall. We've already been here for over three months. I pray people's lives are really being effected! It's hard to measure our effectiveness. It's only Christ in us that makes us anything though :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for sharing. I love hearing stories about the kids there and seeing pictures of them.

Catherine