Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Native food...and thoughts

The pictures are a little foggy, but here goes: The gate outside the President's house in Georgetown. That's his house.
I told Ellen to crouch and smile next to the crabs...or scorpion things that you eat...forgot their name. Anyway, they were selling them in a market in Georgetown. I wouldn't want one of them to detach themselves from the rest and get away!

This is how they sell rice here in some places. I think they have as many rice species as we have candy species!



Bananas! I love the Bananas here! The branch looking things sticking out from the banana bunches are the stems that are connected to the tree. They hack the whole thing off like that when they're close to ripe. These guys are selling bananas.
I was thinking tonight, and here's what I've got:
My being is perpetually amazed at the mercy and grace of God. I feel my heart overflowing with love and worship for who he is to me. The value my heart puts on knowing him surpasses all other. I find my greatest peace, joy, fulfillment, happiness, satisfaction, and strength in the depths of Christ's love toward me. Why or how he could decide to love me, I cannot tell, but this I know, Praise his Holy name!

I remember hearing others talk about similar things and it seemed to me to be empty, but pretty words, because I didn't comprehend or understand what those words meant. But Christ awakened my eyes to understand the knowledge, the workings out and feelings of those words, and I now have life! I see, I feel, I experience the love of Christ toward me in my unworthiness. I praise God for allowing me to see even this small portion of who He is, and for changing my heart's desires to love and serve Him with my life- there is no greater gift.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Amen Katie! That is so awesome when God works in our lives, isn't it? Praise Him for His grace, glory and I can't help but say the beauty that is surrounding me here in South Carolina. God is so good!!!