Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tomayto or Tomahto?

We were talking about the different ways Guyanese express things, as opposed to what we're used to. Christina, a girl from #57 says that another way to say...
"chill out" = "Humble yourself!"
"What's up?"= "What's da latest?"
"She has an hourglass figure" = "She have a shape like a coca-cola bottle"
"You're ticking me off" = "Don't disgust me" or "Don't fatigue me"
"What did he do?" = "What he did?"

So, there's some of the great sayings we get to hear out and about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! You'll have to bring some of those back to the US when you come home....that'd sure get some people's attention! Hope you're both doing well.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

I love these!!! They're so funny! Hope you're doing fantabulously amAzing!!! LOVE YOU!

Katie said...

I thought they were pretty great myself, so I figured I'd share them. The coca-cola bottle one still cracks me up.