Friday, January 16, 2009

Teaching Moments

I have to share what I'm experiencing as a teacher, so I can let you in on my feelings.

After teaching a "counseling" class to the Remedial students (Math, English, Social Studies, etc.) on wisdom, and taking counsel from God's word (1 Peter 1-6), I asked my students to write a question to me in their book about anything. It could be a question about a problem they are having at home, about me and my life, about something from the bible they don't understand, etc. I collected their books, and wrote answers to them in their books.
Here are some of questions:

Do you love Guyana?


What is it like in a USA?


Why did you come to Guyana?


Did you like it in Guyana or the place that you came from.



and my favorites...


I want to know if God make people sleep at night or you sleep by yourself.



Question?
Can u teach me what u no about Jesus Chrish our Lord?

Pleace

Thank you

(yes or no)

These are some of the moments that make my heart burst and praise God. I thought you would like to share some of my enjoyment and pleasure in teaching, and the opportunities God gives to share about himself with these children. Thank you for the prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katie, I really enjoyed reading that. It's always fun to teach kids with an inquisitive spirit. My favorite question you put up one was the one about sleeping at night! You'll have to post your answer to that one.

Catherine

Anonymous said...

That's neat Katie. Thanks for sharing!