Monday, January 26, 2009

Transportation

Aside from the Hunters....we take buses and tapirs.

This picture was taken while riding to #57 from Roadside Sunday morning. Hemdath is wearing the yellow shirt, and Raymond is in the black shirt, smiling, (Moti's son who is in college at Georgetown), and the rest of the people are church members.

Ellen and my first experience on a bus....(we thought we were going to die...death grip on seat in front of us, holding onto one another)

This is the view in front of us on the death grip bus.

This is a Tapir. We expected them to be much more primitive, (we were told they were pretty much pickup trucks with a railing to hold onto) but they're actually fairly nice. There are 2 benches that go along either side of the back two windows, and a pole that goes along the top in the middle to hold onto.




Some more Tapirs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't think I would have done too well on that ride (I get dizzy in the back seat of our minivan!).

I was wondering what the typical food portions are like there....its seems that everyone in your pictures are quite thin.

Catherine

Katie said...

They eat like horses! More food than I can eat, they just have tiny bone structures, mostly indian background, and also they work really hard too.

Anonymous said...

Really?! I wouldn't have guessed that. Thanks for answering my question. Speaking of food, I made that oatmeal bread again the other day that we made when you girls were here. My family really likes it....Matthew (the picky one!) for garlic toast and my Dad for just plain toast in the morning with butter and jelly. That picture of you guys asleep reminds me of when you spent the night and you, Katie, got up and knocked over the divider! I'll never forget the look on Ellen's face!

Have a nice day!
Catherine

Katie said...

Yeah, that was a pretty fun time!

Dana said...

wow, I seriously LOVE your pictures...and Katie...well, I'll tell you that thought later! ;)