Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beach

We spent the day at the beach for the guyanese Republic Day, February 23rd. It was a blast. The beach is one of the prettiest things God made, especially with the coconut trees and the blue sky--wow. I enjoyed spending time with Moti's family, and others from the churches. We kind of had a "church" get-together, people from #57 and #68 came, and we brought Dian from our church. Dian and I excercising our stomachs, or trying. It was basically like skipping and having fun in the sand.

Ellen, Dian and I walking on the beach. The dirty ocean that we SWAM in is behind us...yum


This is a dead fish I found on the shore. There was only one on the whole beach that I saw, and I was amazed. I expected there to be more. I thought he was a shark, but I was told otherwise. He's just "a fish". Poor guy.



They have these garden things growing watermelons and such on the shore of the beach. They have little huts too, and fences all around it.




This is all of us trying to GET to the beach. There was lots of rain the day before, so there was flooding. Dian and Ravinee are to the left, Ellen standing watching the "getting across process" and a bunch of people from #57 on that one log. Then there's Ravinee's mom, Gasmine standing on the two logs. I didn't fall in!

No comments: