Sunday, February 22, 2009

The emotion of Jesus

I know many of you already know this, but I just wanted to let you know I read something today that I think is amazing and awesome. Sometimes I think of Jesus as being a serious, firm, no-nonsense, and unemotional person. But I found that He DOES have emotion, and I'm so happy.
Jesus loved 3 siblings named Mary, Martha, and Lazarus a lot.
When Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, he waited 2 days to go to see him because
"this sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby."
When he came to the house of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus, both sisters said the exact same thing when they saw Jesus,
"Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died."
Right after the second sister (Mary) says that to him, the bible says

"When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled."
2 verses later, Jesus wept.
This really affected Him, and he REALLY loved these people. I think it troubled and hurt Him to see these sisters so sad and upset. His compassion is great- I'm so thankful for it. I'm so happy the bible records this account.
If you want to read it for yourself, read John 11:1-46

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking today how thankful I am that Jesus Christ was fully man. "for we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." He knows exactly what it's like. He became human just like us. He can relate to my experience in a way that no one else can. knowing this is helping me, and your post came to mind as I thought of it. thanks :-)