Monday, February 16, 2009

Beautiful






What does the word beautiful mean? I think spending the evening walking around the neighborhood with a bunch of kids that adore you, after you just spent a couple hours teaching them flannel graph stories, singing, and playing games with them is a pretty good start. Then, to top it off, because these kids want to show their love for you in a tangible way, they pick you a bouquet of all of these gorgeous flowers they have here in Guyana, just because they know you think they are beautiful. There's a whole lot of beauty in that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is also beautiful to see you ladies growing and blossoming yourselves.

Maybe you haven't thought of this yet, but all those wonderful feelings you have for those children and the joyful experiences you are having with them are only a glimpse of the beauty you will one day experience, Lord willing, with your own little darlings.

May God bless you with that joy as He has already blessed your own mothers and I.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to share your experiences with us here in cyberspace.

Katie said...

You are very welcome! Thank you for reading what we have to say, and commenting.

I guess I had not thought of the joy that comes from having your own children. That task sounds rather daunting to me. I can't imagine how much I would love my own children- my heart bursts for these kids here- especially the ones that are so needy and have no-one to love them. I want to take them all and show them the love that Christ FREELY gave to me.