Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Centre

This smile is one that both Ellen and I love. Vickey was in Ellen's remedial class, and got moved up into mine. He is a somewhat quiet boy, until you start talking to him, then he opens up. He is very artistic, and such a nice guy.
These are some of my students.
The guy in the front is Rovendra.
He's my friend who reminds me
of Brett so much.
Devendra is to the far left who
is laughing. Ronica is right behind Rovendra, and in Rovendra's row,
the 2nd boy to the last, his name
is Shaun. They are fun kids.
This is my group of remedial students. They are being taught by the guy in the green shirt, Andrew, in the front. Ellen's class is directly behind that green chalk board, so their teacher is using the other side of the chalk board to teach them.










This picture was trying to depict and capture the upstairs classrooms that are divided by that net/wood gate thingy. It is by no means sound-proof, so when I'm ranting about how God hates lying, pretty much any of the kids can hear, and many times they listen from the classrooms on the other side. Sometimes it is really annoying because the noise level is so high. This is again, Ellen's remedial class.




This is one of the remedial classes, the one that Ellen usually helps with. They have recently had quite a few more students added, so the class size has grown to over 20.








This is the hallway/stairs that you go through heading upstairs where all of the remedial classes are held. The upstairs is the "schoolroom". To the right of this picture is the library, you can see the doorway, and to the left would be the computer lab.





This is the library. Ellen and I are supposed to be doing a bit of work in here getting rid of a bunch of books, but we haven't gotten started on that yet. The table in the middle-right of the picture is where some people will "hang out" after class, studying, typing, reading, etc.









Varcia is teaching the electrical boys computer class here.









This is another view from the computer room. Can you find Ellen? She's using the one computer that we're allowed to use there that has internet that works somewhat fast. The others are very unreliable and slow. p.s. my waterbottle is on the table. With my purse, and other items. That has kind of become my "dump station" where I drop off all of the items I am not currently using.










This is the computer room at the Centre, this shelf is where they store all of their supplies. Varcia is wearing the green, and is in charge of all of the supplies. She teaches computer classes as well.












This is Anisia with Ellen after Thakur got off the Tapir. She is a very sweet girl and is the one that asked me to tell her what I know about Jesus. I posted about the questions my students asked me that touched me in an assignment I gave them, and hers was the last.












These boys are also from the Centre and were in the Tapir. Their names are from left to right, Clinton and Winston. Clinton is in my Remedial class, and Winston is an electrical student.
Clinton is a very good cricket player and we learned on the Tapir ride that he plays every day Monday through Friday for 2 hours on an organized team. He is a very sweet boy. Winston loves to play basketball at the Centre with the boys after class.



This is me with Ms. Parboty in the same Tapir. She is one of the Remedial teachers. She teaches the class that I teach and work with sometimes. They are the older remedial kids. p.s. sorry I look sick- I was. I had a fever and was dizzy and aching. p.p.s. see my ring? uh huh. It's been keeping them away.













These are two of the students from the Centre that we happened to catch a tapir home with. Their names are Anesia (pronounced Anisa) and Thakur. I have talked about Thakur in the past.






AAAHHHH!! AUNT CINDY can you please help with the formatting of this post? I don't understand what's going on, and I don't have time to sit and figure it out. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see what the school is like there! Wow, it sure isn't very soundproof....hope they don't do any music lessons in those rooms:)

Keithslady said...

Can you tell us more about the centre? Where do the students come from? What are you teaching? Do they have to pay tuition? Thanks for the pictures.