Monday, February 16, 2009

I miss you all

I know this blog is to tell you all about what goes on here in Guyana. Part of life here involves missing people at home. I love what we're doing, I would not choose to remove myself from these surroundings prematurely and I'm excited to continue and finish the present course. Buuut, being away endears those I love to me all the more.
I miss Daniel all the time. I get to marry him in August though, so I'm pretty excited about that. That sentence is really weak. I can't really put in words how happy and excited (along with a ton of other emotions) I am for that day. Yet I'm happy that day is over six months away at the same time. He's been such an encouragement to me while I've been here, I'm amazed at his love for me, and I love seeing (or hearing of) him seeking God for strength. The stories of what God is doing in Eau Claire (through Eau Claire Gospel Centre, the members, pastor Dan, and Daniel) is so inspiring and encouraging to me. Oh Daniel, I miss you. Thank you for loving me 3,000 miles away. You have been so good for me, even while I've been here, you probably can't know how thankful I am for you. I'm seeing how powerful human love really can be through loving you. It's awesome. God is awesome. He made it all.
I miss my mom. I miss her wisdom, strength, love, our chats and fellowship, and just watching her do. She's an amazing woman and I want to be like her in so many ways. It's good for me to think back and really reflect on why I love people and miss them. I miss her a lot. I guess it's good for us, Mom, my being away that is. I will be moving three months after my return. Those will be a precious three months and I'm happy I'll have them with you and all my family.
Dad, I miss you! I was so excited to hear your voice the other night. Thank you for taking time to talk to me, e-mail, even write a real letter. It's so good for me, thank you for challenging me the way you did the other night on skype. I don't even know if you realized that I felt challenged. I love you so much.

Let's see...who else do I miss. I guess I'll just do some names at this point, if I did a short paragraph for every person I miss this thing would go way too long and I wouldn't be accomplishing my work that is cut out for me here! This list won't have any order, don't be offended if you're not first, or even if you're not on the list. Daniel, Dana, Chet, Nicole, Troy, Shane, Bryce, Owen, Lisa, Gabe, (did I mention Daniel?), Papa, Grandma, Mary, Uncle Marty, Aunt Kelly, Wendy, Light, Mendo, Priscilla, Marty, ummm...Daniel, Aunt Pat, Zachary, Uncle Kevin, Whitney, David, Mark, Sean, Brett, Joey, Jamie, Seth, Kent, Neil, Kirk, Lauren, DANIEL. I know there are more people, especially people I can think of that I know I would probably be missing if we had a deeper relationship. I am excited for the prospect of establishing some of those relationships upon my return and even somewhat while I'm here in Guyana. I especially think of people in Eau Claire through that last sentence. These people I specifically think of are Kevin and Anna, Keith and Amanda, Katie, Mom Kleven, Micah, Maria, Josiah, Adam, Pastor Dan and his family, the Andersons, Amanda, the other Amanda, and maybe there's even another Amanda?, all of the children!, and so many other people who I have faces but forgotten names! I think there's a Ruby...but I can't quite remember. Anyway, I've spent enough time on this post now.
You all know now, in one not-so-personal blog post, I love you!
"For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:8

3 comments:

Keithslady said...

I'm still counting, 13 weeks and one day.

I miss you.

Dana said...

well, we miss and love you too!!! at least I do...tell Katie I'll e-mail her asap!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the encouraging word. I am feeling your love. Now I am off to pick up 2 of your brothers who are going to take me out for a birthday lunch. Love flows from many to me on this special day, Monday, Feb 23.
Dad