Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sick

Well, it's been a while since I've blogged, but I haven't had anything worth saying lately, so I decided to stay off.

However, I would like to request prayer tonight because Ellen is not doing well. She went on a two-day fast, and ever since then she has not been herself. She feels really weird and sick, and is so tired. I'm hoping it is her body's way of cleaning everything out from her fast, but tonight she was acting really weird and said her brain wasn't feeling normal. I felt her, and I think she has a fever, so I'm not sure what's going on, it may just be a virus, but if you all could pray for her, I would appreciate it. She might stay home from church tomorrow so she can sleep, because she's exhausted. She has no energy, and sleep might help that.

Also, we went somewhere today and ate food and both of us have stomach pain and diarrhea from it. The joys of life here:) I know this should pass, as it has in the past.

Thank you so much for the prayers lifted up on our behalves. God is taking care of us, and protecting us from so many things we probably don't even know about. We continue to be busy and don't seem to have enough time to get everything done. I guess we create some of the things to do, like tonight I just spent and hour decorating a cake for Moti, because it was his birthday today. Oh well, I think our extra things allow us to develop closer relationships with the people here.

We have had some great times talking with students at the Centre about their souls, and two in particular are very interested. Their names are Natalie and
Thakur. Thakur has come to church the past two Sundays, and told Ellen and I this past Friday that he will see us Sunday at church. He shows an unusual interest whenever we talk about the Bible, or being a Christian.

Natalie has gone through some "normal" teenager struggles with boyfriends, friends, and family. I have talked with her and dealt with many of the school related issues with her and the other involved people, and each time we end up talking about how the only way to solve all of these problems is through a relationship with Jesus Christ, and her heart being at peace with him. She has been coming to our mission services for two weeks, and she continues to discuss her concerns with me. Thursday night I sat and talked to her after the mission service for probably 20 minutes just reading through John 1. I explained it verse by verse, because she is overwhelmed with the words and doesn't understand many of the phrases. She was attentive the whole time, and I am praying God is working in her heart.

These are just a couple of the people that we deal with here. There are believers that we have been able to fellowship with as well, such as Dian, who is our housekeeper. She loves to spend time around us because we are believers. None of her family are Christians, and she seems to thrive off of spending time with Ellen and I. We are growing to love her dearly, and want to bring her home with us(She's a HARD worker). She goes to market with us on Saturdays, and we spend time talking about many things, she kind of watches out for us, and lets us know the right way to do things here.

I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow, I am so looking forward to worshiping our King with the other believers here. There is something about going into the house of God (which is simply a place where believers gather!) and worshipping Him with your whole heart. He's so worthy of our praise, honour, and devotion.
.

6 comments:

Keithslady said...

Katie,
Ever since Ellen was little she has reacted very strangely to fevers. Even with very low fevers (101) she would hallucinate and say unusual things--Shane does it, too. Those two are the only ones I would readily give medication to bring down the fever. I'm hoping that's all that's going on here. Keep us posted. We're praying.

Dana said...

Ellen, I hope that you start feeling better soon. I love you still...always...and am praying for you. Being sick is not fun! I am sorry!

Katie said...

Yeah, she was better today somewhat, but we both have stomach pain and diarrhea, and something is just not right. Some of my symptoms are from the diarrhea that I've had for 3 days now, and I'm probably dehydrated. Ellen is much more normal today, so she must have had a fever and been a liitle off. She was saying some pretty strange things that kinda scared me. She felt hot though, but not hot enough that I would have thought to be concerned. Good to know she acts strange when sick:)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you guys are having so many physical problems! I hope to hear you're both better soon.

Catherine

Katie said...

I get so frustrated at the physical problems as well! I feel like it is such a hindrance from actually doing what we're here to do. I was pretty sick yesterday and still feel weak today, and it just wipes all of the energy from you. There has to be a reason for all of this happening to us though. If nothing else, it gives us time to read and pray more.

Anonymous said...

Do you think it's something in particular that you're eating or just the change in food/water altogether?