Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Republic Day

We spent our Republic day at the beach with Moti and his family. Well, they were the original ones that invited us, and then like the whole church and other people showed up. It was an experience. It is beautiful at the ocean, and hopefully these pictures will depict some of that beauty. Brother Moti and his wife Gasmine. This was our "drop place" where everyone dropped their stuff.

I'm not exactly sure what was going on in this picture, Anthony (who you will see later in these pictures), a little guy who fractured his leg, and couldn't do anything but sit at the beach, took my camera and took most of these pictures.
But I THINK I was arguing the rules of the game with Raymond.



Us playing a game in the sand where you draw a big rectangle, and it ends up looking like a giant square 8 with filled in lines. Then you have 2 teams that try to get across without being tagged, and the "taggers" have to stay in the filled in lines that border the "8". Anyway, that probably didn't make sense. It was an ok game.


Moti and Gasmine, they're adorable.





Mr. Anthony, the fractured leg child that loves to play with my hair while we sing with the girls at his house on Sunday afternoons. He's kinda like one of my little brothers.


Us at the end of our round of the game (I can't remember what it was called).


Probably debating rules again.

Ellen, Dian and me with the coconut tree.

No comments: